It's always fun to play hard and hold International Masters to draws, even if it's just in online play on ICC. I can't think of better practice than playing against FIDE titled players. Sadly, this is also why I don't make it down to the club that often.
A. Black to play
IM Maltan Hiram vs NCM Vas Sladek
22. ...Rb8 (and Black will get his pawn back)
23. Ra1 h6! (Don't rush, especially against IMs. 23. ...Qxb5?? 24.Qxb5 Rxb5 25. Ra8+ and Black will get mated on the back rank. Always give your King room to move.)
24. c4 dxc4
25. Bxc4 Qxb2
26. Qxb2 Rxb2 and draw agreed 1/2-1/2
B. Black to play
IM Jose Luis Vilela vs. NCM Vas Sladek
58. ...Nf5+ 59. Kf2 Ne7 Draw agreed.
C. White to play
NCM Vas Sladek vs. IM Jose Luis Vilela
29. Be2+ Kb6 30. Bd1 and draw agreed. Black can't really afford to give up the a pawn.
NCM Vas Sladek
Click to set custom HTML